Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Illustrator Magazine Cover

My first endeavor into the incredibly powerful Adobe Illustrator program., a magazine cover completed as part of an assignment for my computer applications class.  All the images were scanned in from various magazines (National Geographic June 2005 and April 2005, and AfterCapture August/September 2008) and clipped using the pen tool path applied as a clipping mask.  All the article titles, and the magazine title and tag-line are original though. 

There is a lot going on, because the image had to contain 7 images and 4 article titles.  I definitely learned a lot with the assignment and I'm excited about the next two for the coarse, Black and White Vector Illustration, and Color Vector Illustration!  Keep an eye out for those two coming within the next month or so! 

2 comments:

andrewQuintiliani said...

Sweeeet, is that a triceratops!? I wish I had a chameleon.

ChrisNeuenschwander said...

Triceratops? my chameleon? what?! haha!