Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Once in a Lifetime

My day had an interesting start to it recently, it was one of those things that you would never even imagine happening.

I go to school at Kennesaw State University, which is located just north of Atlanta, near the city, but north enough so its closer to the North Georgia mountains. I consider myself lucky because of events like this, when wildlife and I come face to face. Usually its just small woodland creatures, like squirrels, chipmunks, mice, and the occasional rabbit, but the other day was a little different. As I was walking into the art building to put my stuff in my locker, I saw this guy. I believe he was a Red Tailed Hawk, but don't hold me to it. I quickly took out my phone to take a picture of him, before he flew away as I approached him (or so I predicted.) I snapped a picture and walked towards him (on the way into the building), and he didn't fly away! I was somewhere between 3 and 5 feet away from him when I took these pictures with my super poor quality camera phone, I SO wish I had my real camera that day, it was an incredible experience! I watched him, and he seemed to be paying close attention to me as well. Once again it was an incredible experience, and here's the proof...


No comments: