Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Mr. Cosmo!

Back in May, I wrote a post about getting a Chameleon. Well, He's here and has been for a couple months now. His name is Cosmo, he is a 10 month old, 17 inch male Veiled Chameleon (Chamaeleo calyptratus). He pretty much hates me, or anything else that moves or makes sounds (unless he can eat it) so I don't take him out a whole bunch (if at all). When he does come out, it is only for cage cleanings and a general look over, he's pretty aggressive. Don't let his looks fool you, he'll tear you apart! In all seriousness, Chameleons are not pets that enjoy being handled, they are best treated like fish and not handled unless necessary. Here are a couple of pictures of him in his "natural" habitat, and one of me holding him.



Keeping true to the nature of my blog, here is a study of him done in my sketchbook with micron pens, and copic markers for coloring.



...enjoy

1 comment:

. said...

I can't decide who's prettier!