Tuesday, December 30, 2008

In color...

I think this one looks creeepy... and I'm not sure if I enjoy that look, because it really wasn't what it was going for.  I was going more for the intense look he usually has, but this is what came out.  I think the grey scale drawing does him more justice.... but I did enjoy the treatment of colors on this one.


Plus, does anyone know what I am doing in photoshop to get this color negative look when I upload picture online?  This is a new problem for me, I experienced it with my "lot of chin" post, and never before that....  The JPEG image looks normal on my computer BEFORE I upload, and kinda cool like this after... I fixed it by saving it as a GIF image, and presto! no color negative... 





7 comments:

Pat Bollin said...

Much better stretch, Chris. You made the eyes bigger, which would have been one of my suggestions from the last one. But you lost the likeness just a bit in the mouth. I don't see that much upper lip on him in the ref, and that bulbous area of flesh under his lower lip is bigger. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely him. I'm just reaching for the crit.

As to the jpeg issue. I've never had that problem before, but I've had other problems. Here are some general guidelines to do BEFORE you save as a jpeg from your original working file: 1) Make certain that your image mode is set to RGB (if you work in CMYK you will see the image fine on your computer but no web browser will read it), 2) Flatten your layers, and 3) Delete all saved selections and delete all extra channels (there should only be 3 channels in your RGB file. If you do all that you should never have issues with your jpegs again.

Cheers - Pat

Lord Escoria said...

yeahhhh estan muy chingones tus dibujos felicidades (Y)

ASP said...

happy new year, visiting in the morning.. nice blog

DhiRAj SinGh said...

gr8 job of making faces!!

ChrisNeuenschwander said...

Thanks for the crit pat, I thought the same thing with the mouth... so I flooded it with vehicle to erase what I did, and then redid it, but was limited because the copic doesn't erase 100% so this is what happened. It's better than it was before, but not completely what I envisioned.

Also thanks for the little JPEG 101! Greatly appreciated!

ChrisNeuenschwander said...

Thanks everyone!

Abhi said...

sir, u r a genious man.