Sunday, December 14, 2008

Painting I Final

I somehow got my professor to agree to me doing a caricature self portrait for my final painting.  I put a LOT of time into this painting,  probably worked on it for a month on and off.  I couldn't even guess how many hours went into this, all I know is too many.  But I did learn something... so I guess thats good.  

It looks better in person, but heres the best picture I could get of it...


I go back and forth on whether I like it or not... I see sooooo many things I would change about it, so I know it could be a LOT better, but for my first attempt at something like this, I think its a good first step...  More to come like this I hope, lets see if I have the time...

Let me know what you think please! 

2 comments:

Yusuke Sato said...

i guess i can see why u would wanna change so many things if u were to do it again. It looks 'rigid' compared to ur copic caricatures, but it still looks like you plus it has a nice craftsmanship, so i wouldn't worri too much lol

ChrisNeuenschwander said...

It looks less"rigid" in real life... but it still is fairly rigid. My copic sketches are just that, sketches... and I feel my sketches have way more "life" to them than my finished work.... Thats something I hope to change... thanks for the comments Yusuke!