Friday, December 26, 2008

Yet another Christmas post.

This was done as a Christmas gift for my brother because he threatened to kill me if I didn't draw him... So I drew him.  I wish I could lighten up some of the reds I used (not all of them)  and I wish that it felt more of the same style of my self caricature.  But Alas... This one was done on official copic paper, bleed-proof! and VERY different from what I'm used to...  The ink kind of just sits on the surfaces of the paper, never soaking in, and is very susceptible to blending...  Sometimes good sometimes bad.  I don't know if I prefer it to your standard (cheaper) paper, but figured I owed it to myself to try it out... Plus to gift this I would have had to rip it out of my sketchbook if I had done it on the same paper... not something I am fond of doing...

Oh, and Nicholas... if you are reading, every line, color, shade, hue, exaggeration were completely and utterly intentional...  In no way was this just me experimenting with new paper... 

2 comments:

Pat Bollin said...

I'm really enjoying watching your technique develop. "Copic Paper"? I didn't even know there was such a thing. I wonder how that compares to the Canson Marker paper I've been using.

ChrisNeuenschwander said...

I would definitely like to try that canson paper too, I'm sure it acts differently, and with these markers the paper really does make a difference. I looked for it the last time I was at Blick but couldn't find any. I'll have to keep my eye out for it...